December is here and holiday season is in really gaining momentum here in Louisville. There is so much to do, you can easily get lost in the options. Don’t worry! I’ll help you with some solid arts and entertainment recommendations for the week as well as give you a couple of home tips for the month and update you on what’s happening in our local real estate market!
Recommended music and the Arts in Louisville~
Wednesday, December 2nd- G.L.OW. Greater Louisville Outstanding Women holiday party! Event kicks off at 6:30 and goes till 9:30 at Copper and Kings on E. Washington St. in Butchertown. Grab your friends and colleagues and come party with GLOW for their 7th annual holiday fete! The GLOW parties are extra fun. Mingle, meet new people and usher in the season. Admission is $25 and includes a cocktail and mix of appetizers. After work or cocktail attire is recommended.
Friday, December 4th- The WHO will celebrate their 50 year legacy with a stop at the KFC YUM! Center. The tour will include Hall of Fame inductees Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. The show, described by Pete Townsend as, “Hits, picks, mixes and misses” will see the band play all their classic anthems as well as tackling deeper cuts from their catalog.
Saturday, December 5th- 30th annual Bardstown Road Aglow! 6:30 -9:30. This is one of my favorite annual events in Louisville. Local businesses open their doors, fill the streets with hot cider and homemade goodies and have a virtual Holiday street party. Lots of special photo ops and special sales will abound. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Through December 5th- “Through a Glass Darkly” at the Alley Theater. Recently released from a mental hospital: Karin rejoins her emotionally disconnected family and their island home, only to slip from reality as she begins to believe she is being visited by God. Shows are Dec. 3rd, 4th and 5th at 7:30. Box office is at 502-713-6178.
Through December 23rd – Actor’s theater of Louisville presents, “A Christmas Carol” . Celebrate the warmth of the holidays Ebenezer Scrooge, Tiny Tim and the spirits of Christmas past, present and future in this delightful take on an old favorite. call the Box Office at 502-584-1205
- Before it gets too cold to venture outside, examine the grounds around your home. Check walkways for cracks and loose pavers. Fix all issues around your entryway now before slippery weather hits which can cause falling accidents.
- Unpack and test all electrical holiday decorations, discard any that are not functioning properly.
- Check the operation of all ground-fault circuit interrupter outlets by pushing the “test” button. The “reset” button should pop out at that time indicating the receptacle is operating properly.
- Check inside of bathroom vanities and kitchen sink cabinets for any moisture or other signs of leaks.
- Double check insulation around exterior pipes that are exposed to freezing weather to be certain that water cannot seep under the insulation.
- Inspect the operation of automatic light timers and motion-detector systems, especially if you plan on traveling for the holidays.
7. Change the filter in your Heating system. Thirty days is the longest you should wait, especially during peak usage months.
And now, the NUMBERS, they tell the story of what’s going on in the market!
I have a genuine interest in seeing people of Louisville succeed, in all aspects of life. I thrive on being able to help people! I am in love with Louisville, it’s people, culture and community.
Zach Fry – 502-291-0587 – Making business a pleasure. Call me to discuss your Real Estate needs in Louisville today!
Let me help you make the best Louisville life you can.